Friday, April 24, 2015

Holland in Haymarket

It's no secret that I miss teaching very much.  But there are certainly some perks that come with being a full-time student, with the most obvious one being that my schedule is more flexible than it ever was as a teacher.

This flexibility allowed me to spend a few very happy hours with my mom yesterday morning before heading to class in the afternoon.  We went to what is referred to as "Holland in Haymarket" - a farm not too far away that offers pick-your-own tulips.  They also have daffodils right now, which were also lovely, but I adore tulips and did not have a chance to make it out there last year, when I first learned of this wonderful place.

If I were teaching, I would not have been able to go on a Thursday morning, when we practically had the place to ourselves.  We wandered for quite a while, admiring the tulips and enjoying the crisp spring weather.  The farm provides baskets to carry your flowers in, and after selecting a large and spacious basket, we filled it completely to the top with gorgeous, colorful tulips!

What a beautiful place!  If you have the chance to go, you won't regret it!




























Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment