Thursday, January 8, 2015

WDW New Year's Celebration Part 3

New Year's Day was fun!  We went to breakfast with C's parents at Whispering Canyon Café…yes, we did just eat there with my mom the previous day – it is that good!  My second mom (you know I hate the term "in law") and I had pineapple mimosas to ring in the new year, which were delicious!  We wandered around Wilderness Lodge for a while and then drove over to Animal Kingdom Lodge to show C's parents the resort and the holiday decorations.  Such a relaxing morning!



In the afternoon, we went to Epcot with some family and friends and wandered through World Showcase for a few hours.  We went to the American pavilion to see the American Adventure show and before the show began, we spent some time looking through the pavilion, which is filled with amazing quotes and a beautiful exhibit, and watched a performance by the Voices of Liberty – an a capella group that sings Americana music.  They are amazing!  The show itself always brings me to tears, no matter how many times I see it.  In addition to the photos below, there were three other quotes that I loved, which were projected in such a way that I could not capture them on my phone:

There is in this world no such force
as the force of a person determined to rise.
– W.E.B. DuBois

Don't tell me the sky's the limit
when there are footprints on the moon.
– Paul Brandt

I learned that courage is not the absence of fear,
but the triumph over it.
– Nelson Mandela












We hopped on the monorail to MK with friends who had fastpasses over there.  They headed off toward Space Mountain and while we grabbed some popcorn and took photos on Main Street, USA.  The rainbow one is from The Confectionery; I fully understand this is just colored bubbling water, but I think it is so beautiful!  And I always try to take photos of the balloons, and I like this one with the castle in the distance.




Our best purchases of the day were these awesome bottles of wine.  We had seen them back in September when we were in Florida, but since we were flying, we couldn't bring them home with us.  We looked in our local wine store and found three of them (the first three pictured), but could not find any place that sold the other two.  Since we drove to Florida this time, we picked up the ones we were missing (the bottom two photos). I don't drink wine, so I am not concerned with whether or not the wine actually tastes good – I just love the names and the labels!  Seriously, how cute are these bottles?!?






We had a quiet night hanging out at our resort – something we needed after a number of busy days.  It was a great way to kick off the new year!


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment