Thursday, January 15, 2015

Ghost Dog

This is going to be a quick (and somewhat hodgepodge) post – I'm writing it to share a few photos, but mainly to recount something my godson said on Christmas Eve.

You may recall that each Christmas Eve, my best friend, her husband, and their children (who are our godchildren) come over to visit and exchange gifts.  My family loves to see them and it has become a tradition I look forward to with great anticipation each year.

Last year, I wrote about how my six-year-old godson asked where Gunni was (she had just passed away at the end of November) and our conversation that followed.  I get teary-eyed just thinking about it.

This year, he noticed this ceramic dog:




This was an anniversary gift from one of my most cherished friends, who was not able to make the journey to WDW for our renewal.  How adorable is the dog tag she had made?!?  I brought it to WDW with us so that she was with us in spirit.

On Christmas Eve, my godson took one look at it and told us it was a "ghost dog" and that it meant Gunni was here with us.

That kid is one in a billion.  I love him SO much.  I will never be able to explain how his beautiful seven-year-old mind works, but he is just amazing.

Here are a few other random photos from Christmas:

This is our tree in the foyer - apparently I did not take a
photo of our tree in the family room!
Chelsea was not pleased to be subjected to such humiliation,
but come on...that face!
our new flannel bed sheets...adorable!



new ornaments - love the tuxedo tails on Mickey


new sketches...finally got them hung in the kitchen


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment