Thursday, March 29, 2018

Spring Break 2018: Day 6



We woke up to this view from our window. All the heart eyes! All of them!


And then this was our day…10.9 miles of walking; 25,937 steps; and 27 floors! It is no wonder we are extremely tired tonight! However, all of it was completely fabulous!

  
After spending just one full day here, it is safe to say that I love Barcelona! I am pleasantly surprised at how much I love it! I had some reservations after visiting Rome, but the two cities are so different! Barcelona is clean and well-kept, I feel very safe here, the public transit system is awesome, and there aren't armed guards in the train stations and at tourist sites, which WAS the case in Rome, which added to my discomfort there. It's a similar situation to the trip we took last June to Copenhagen and Prague. I'm so glad we went to Copenhagen first, because I ended up loving Prague so much that if we'd gone there first, I am pretty sure I would have been rather disappointed in Copenhagen. Instead, I liked Copenhagen, but loved Prague. With this trip, I liked Rome, but I love Barcelona! If we'd gone to Barcelona first, I have no doubt I would have strongly disliked Rome.

As you can see from the photos, Barcelona is beautiful. I have no doubt C got tired of me saying, "It's so beautiful here!" which I'm sure I said a hundred times! We accomplished a lot today – I pared down my photos from over 600 to only 70 for this post!

Some of the highlights included Basilica de la Segrada Familia, Biblioteca de Catalunya, Park Guell, and Magic Fountain, just to name a few. As we were wandering through the city, I could have taken photos of almost every building because the architecture is fantastic here! We also had amazing weather, which helps when you are exploring!

Our Hotel

The Mediterranean Sea - just steps from our hotel!



I approve of this metro station name!
#mathnerd

And this one!

This metro station has a piano in it that everyone is welcome to play!
We did stop to listen to a very talented young girl
on our way back through the same station.
She was performing a seriously difficult piece from memory
and it was wonderful!





























Spotted in a bookstore!
#dachshundsfollowus



You can get macarons at McDonald's here!



What did I tell you?!?











Macaron ice cream sandwiches!
  











A couple of funny things did happen. At one point I was trying to get a photo from the ground of a cute alleyway, and a pigeon wandered into the frame. Not a big deal; I thought it was amusing and I posted it in my IG story. Then later in the evening, we were at Park Guell and I was trying to take the same type of photo from the ground, and another pigeon wandered into the frame! Apparently my amateur photography is appealing to pigeons!

No Pigeon!

Pigeon!

No pigeon!

Pigeon!

I'm already looking forward to what we'll see and do tomorrow because I have truly fallen in love with this city!

Best husband ever!
Best travel partner ever!
Best travel planner ever!
#luckiestwifeever


Read about the other days of our trip:

Spring Break 2018: Day 1

Spring Break 2018: Day 2

Spring Break 2018: Day 3

Spring Break 2018: Day 4

Spring Break 2018: Day 5

Spring Break 2018: Day 7

Spring Break 2018: Day 8

Spring Break 2018: Day 9

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment