Friday, November 26, 2021

Portugal 2021: Day 7

It was our last day in Lisbon, so I didn't take many photos, as I was just trying to soak it all in!  Lisbon certainly ended up growing on me as the week went on after a less-than-stellar initial opinion! There are a few things that still annoy me (the general rudeness and lack of consideration for others), but I could see us coming back here someday. It's definitely not in my top tier of European cities that I desperately long to return to (Barcelona, Oslo, Paris, Prague, and Reykjavik), but on the other hand, it's not on my list of "never again if I can help it" European cities (Amsterdam, Helsinki, and Rome) as I had first feared it would be!

Our day started with going to the airport to get Covid tests so that we'll be able to fly home, and ended with admiring all of the holiday decorations around the public square near our hotel. In between, we wandered around, went into shops and cafes, and enjoyed the city as much as possible.

Our tests were both negative and we completed all of the necessary paperwork to re-enter the U.S., so hopefully things will go smoothly tomorrow! We have a very early flight in the morning, a long day of travel, and then the drive from JFK, so I have no doubt that we'll be extremely tired by the time we eventually get home, but this trip has been so wonderful that it makes the unavoidable travel exhaustion totally worth it!











Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment