Saturday, September 4, 2021

50 States in 2021: 45-46

We crossed two more states off the 2021 list!

even though we were in CT yesterday,
we couldn't get a good picture until today


We started the day in Stamford, Connecticut (I can't possibly be the only one who hears Andy Bernard chanting and clapping, "Stamford, Connecticut! clap, clap, clap-clap, clap" every time I hear the word Stamford!), and drove to Milford for breakfast. Breakfast is the best meal of the day, and usually I rave about any breakfast place we go to. Not today! C had cinnamon waffles and they were great, but I ordered french toast and it was awful. Easily the worst french toast I've ever had! Yikes! I won't name the place, but I was not impressed.

The rest of the day was much better! We drove through Connecticut and Rhode Island, and ultimately ended up in Massachusetts (I'm not counting Massachusetts today because we weren't able to get a good welcome sign picture, but hope to do so tomorrow!). One negative is that it was Saturday of Labor Day weekend, so we had a few places planned and they just didn't work out because of crowds. Not the end of the world by any means, and that just left us with more time to relax at the hotel!

C's breakfast - delicious!

We found a cool donut shop,

a really awesome used bookstore,

and a fantastic ice cream shop!

I wanted to go here, but the whole area was packed
and there were absolutely no parking spots anywhere,
so I took this pic through the moon roof and we called it a day!

this children's museum had an impressive dragon on it

I will never ever stop loving bridges

obsessed

My favorite story of the day comes from a pizza place where we stopped for lunch. We could overhear the conversation happening in the next booth because the ladies were chatting pretty loudly and with their New England accents, they sounded like a group of Lois Griffins! Very entertaining!

Part way through lunch, we heard one of them say, in a tone that was dripping with disdain, "All 'Toms' leave. First my dad. Then my husband. Then Brady."

Without missing a beat, one of the other ladies immediately said, "Good riddance to ALL of 'em!" and they joyfully clinked their glasses together and laughed! If that's not a beautiful and hilarious example of support and solidarity, I don't know what is!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment