Friday, September 3, 2021

A Beautiful Lunch

On our way to New York today, we stopped in New Jersey to take my YaYa out for lunch. He’s 91 - almost 92, actually! - and is so wonderful! As I've written on a few occasions, I have so many happy childhood memories from our countless summer visits to his house in Huntington Beach, CA!

I've also shared that I adore C's family and he adores mine; there's no "in laws" business because we are all just one big extended family. My YaYa is one of C's favorite people and the two of them have always gotten along so well. I think C was about 18 when they met, and they always have a great time together. Lunch today was no exception. 

Have you ever just observed two people interacting and having fun together and felt so lucky to be witness to genuine love and joy? It's just about the closest thing to magic that I can imagine. That’s exactly how I felt today.

And while I was watching them, eating and joking around and discussing life, the song “Precious Love” by James Morrison started playing in the diner. If you’re a fellow Schitt’s Creek fan, you’ll understand why it felt like the most perfect moment to me.

Family really is everything and I was reminded today how lucky I am.


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment