Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Team Work

I’m sure you know what I mean when I say that I feel like I’m a member of many different teams…in my family life, in my friend life, in my school life, etc. While some of those teams are relationship oriented, there are others that are more task oriented (and naturally there can be some overlap!).

One of my teams that I’ve relied heavily on for the past week and a half has been my Kiss and Ride team. It can be a super stressful undertaking: making sure kids arrive and leave safely, monitoring for traffic issues, and dealing with angry and impatient people. However, it can also be awesome: seeing kids excited to start the school day, witnessing sweet exchanges between kids and their families as they say goodbye in the morning and hello in the afternoon, and of course, all of the dogs we get to see, which absolutely makes our day!

And then there's the weather. Ugh. It's been hot and humid every single day. So gross! There's a TikTok video about Kiss and Ride and one of my favorite lines from it is, "It is full on Nick Lachey right now. #98degrees" because it is so accurate!

Regardless of the challenges, my team is the best! It's not a glamorous job, but I wouldn't trade it for any other duty because I love starting and ending my day with these people! There's a good chance I won't see any of them during the actual school day because we have different schedules and are housed in different areas of the building, but I look forward to dismissal each afternoon because I know I get to work with them!


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment