Friday, September 10, 2021

A Love of Travel

Of the 602 total posts I've written, 269 are tagged as travel posts. And almost all of them are about traveling with this guy.


Something I love about traveling is the feeling of discomfort. Unfamiliarity. The unknown.

I feel alive in a way that I miss in our regular day-to-day routine. C and I have traveled to countries where we don't speak the language and where we don't know the customs, and those are some of my favorite trips because we only had each other and we had to figure things out together.

When I saw this quote a couple of days ago, I knew I had to share it. Our travels are such an important part of our story because every single trip - short, long, domestic, abroad - has enriched us as individuals and as a couple. While I don't know the "secret" to a long and happy marriage, I like to think we have exactly that, and I do know that for us, travel has added immeasurable joy and priceless memories to our life!

"May your adventures bring you closer together,
even as they take you far away from home."
~ Trenton Lee Stewart ~

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment