Sunday, September 12, 2021

Daily Posting

Back in June, I set a personal goal to write a blog post every single day for three months - June, July, and August. I ended up writing exactly one post a day in both June (30) and August (31), and 49 posts in July between the summer trip, state count, and baseball stadiums!

That's a nice thing about summer break...lots of time for fun things, including writing. I had originally planned to stop writing a daily post on August 31, but then I realized that the final part of the 50 states quest was at the beginning of September and Ginny's Gotcha Day was September 11. So I continued writing daily for the first part of September as well, which brings us to today.

It's much harder to write a daily post now because the school year is underway! As such, this is the end of the daily posts - for now at least! I'm pretty impressed that I managed to write at least one post for 104 days in a row! Over those 104 days, I wrote a total of 123 posts!

I'll still be posting when something is, as I call it, "blog-worthy." I'll certainly be writing about our travels, family, Ginny, life, and whatever else comes up, but I won't be doing it every day. I'd been doing a monthly "Life Lately" post prior to June, and I think I'm going to return to that. With school already being very busy, relieving myself of the pressure to post daily is going to be a very good thing. While I love writing, I don’t want it to feel like just another thing on my to-do list each day! My time during the school year is limited and I have to choose how to spend it wisely!

The expectation to always be doing more at school - especially outside of school hours - is very real, and it is utterly exhausting to always feel like you’re not doing enough. I’m trying not to let those outside opinions affect me this year, because anyone who has ever spent time in a school knows that teachers are always doing more than enough. In fact, it’s become a culture of toxic positivity and I am NOT here for it.


I’m off to enjoy this beautiful day with C and Ginny!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment