Thursday, September 2, 2021

Restless


I really like this quote because it sums me up pretty perfectly. I love being at home, but what I love even more is the anticipation of an upcoming trip. I have all of these countdowns on my phone to our various trips and when I'm feeling stressed or having a rough day, I check them and tell myself, "Only ___ days until we go to...!" Including the one below, I have eight countdowns for upcoming travel, some in the not-so-distant future and others almost a year away, but I love that they give me something to look forward to! This countdown has gotten me through an exhausting first two weeks of school!


The school calendar happened to work out so that we have a five-day weekend starting tomorrow! I'm always happy to have a three-day weekend (and, side note, if I were in charge, students would go to school four days a week and there'd be a three-day weekend every weekend...), but a five-day weekend means we can easily travel a little further away than we might normally attempt if we only had three days off!

We're embarking on another driving adventure in the morning and I'm super excited! Ginny will not be coming with us this time, even though she immediately took to hotel life back in the spring when we took her to Tennessee and Kentucky, so my mom will be watching her for us. I predict she's going to be highly annoyed when she sees us put our bags in the car without her, but she’ll get over it quickly once she realizes she’s got my mom all to herself!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment