Sunday, July 7, 2024

The Land Down Under: Day 1

We made it to our fifth continent! Australia!

We left Los Angeles at 10:45 pm on Friday, July 5 and landed in Sydney at 6:45 am on Sunday, July 7. While this makes it seem like it was a 30-hour journey, the time change is responsible for 17 of those hours and the flight itself is responsible for 15 of those hours!

We flew on Delta, with the plane's layout being 2-4-2, and having just the two seats seats together is the absolute ideal for us! I'm not lying when I say that the 15-hour flight felt more like a 5-hour flight and while it was definitely the longest flight we've been on, it was also one of the very best! When we arrived this morning, the customs/immigration process at the airport was super easy, and we were out of the airport with our luggage within 25 minutes of getting off the plane!

Australia has long been on my bucket list; C came here for work for two weeks back in 2001, but I've never been! We will be here until July 26 and have plans to visit four major cities over the course of our trip. I'll be writing a short post each day to share photos, which will definitely have more than just the one I have to share right now (in a move that is very unlike me, I took no pics on our flight and we didn't really do much other than sleep and eat today, so there wasn't anything particularly noteworthy to document)!

took this while waiting for our uber at the airport...
a little worn out from the journey,
but so happy to be in Sydney!


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment