Thursday, July 25, 2024

The Land Down Under: Day 19

Today we began our journey home! After going out for a delicious breakfast, we checked out of the DoubleTree and took an uber to the airport. Once again, for the fourth time as this was our fourth domestic flight in Australia, no one checked our identification. I cannot get used to this! I'm also not really a fan of Qantas (despite my love of them the other day when we were able to purchase the middle seat between us!) because their boarding process is so chaotic. Today, there weren't even any boarding groups, so everyone boarded at once. What on earth?!? We lucked out because we had to board from the back of the plane and we happened to be among the first people headed in that direction, but the lack of organized boarding is too much for this Southwest-loving girl! Number order! Always!

As usual, we sat window-aisle, and when we got to our seats, there was already someone seated in the middle seat. I told him I was at the window, and so he stepped into the aisle to let me in and took note of C standing close by. As I sat down, he asked if we were together and when I said yes, he immediately offered to take the window seat. Ummmmm, no, thank you! When I declined by saying I would be sleeping against the window for the duration of the flight, he scooted over as C was putting his bag in the overhead bin, saying he would be glad to take the aisle seat. Once again, I told him no, and explained that we travel a lot and that we always sit window-aisle. I assured him that we wouldn't talk over him or pass anything back and forth and he said he wasn't worried about that but that he just didn't "want to annoy us" which was really code for he just didn't want to sit in the middle seat. Long story short, I got to sleep against the window for the flight, C enjoyed his aisle seat, and the guy sat in his assigned middle seat as intended!

Next time, I will probably just lie and say C and I aren't together. LOL!

We flew back to Sydney and are spending tonight and tomorrow here; we'll probably do a little more sightseeing before heading to the airport at dinner time tomorrow for our next flight!

we loved the view from our room in Cairns!

went to this cute little place near our hotel for breakfast

croissant french toast!

the DoubleTree was great!

I like how they call it a "departure lounge"

we were in row 15

so we boarded from the back of the plane

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment