Thursday, January 21, 2016

2015: A Look Back

Family

Not much to report in the family department for 2015 – which is not necessarily a bad thing!  Both of my parents retired in 2015, my mom's health has been relatively stable, and my dad moved to Arizona, but overall, things were pretty quiet on the family front!  My brothers and sister are well and C's parents are enjoying their yearly three-month pilgrimage to Florida as I type this!

Dogs

Our beloved Chelsea passed away in October and life has not been the same since.  It is unquestionably the greatest loss of my life.  It is three months later and I am still saddened each day when I return home and she is not there.  She has left a void that is completely and utterly impossible to fill.  She was, is, and will always be my dog soulmate and I miss her every day.  Every.Single.Day.

Maddy was extremely ill during the month of March, which was a long and stressful month, but has been doing very well since then!

Ginny had a healthy year after her back surgery in 2014.  Thank goodness!

On December 30, we learned that Sadie has cancer.  She had surgery on January 13, and it appears to have been successful!  She a tumor removed from her stomach and is currently recuperating from that surgery, so fingers crossed that she will be cancer-free from here on out!

I also did a photo series for 100 days during the summer (#100daysofhappy / #100daysofdoxies), so if you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you are all too familiar with our dogs' antics!

Travel

It was a pretty busy year of travel after starting the year at WDW with C!

Five trips to WDW with C: February, February, March, September, and November

Two trips to WDW with my mom: February and September

One trip to WDW with my mom and my sister: June

One trip to WDW with two of my best friends, along with the two daughters of one of those friends: Part A, Part B, and Part C

Disneyland/California:  Part A, Part B, Part C, Part D, Part E, Part F, and Part G




School

Conference Presentations: AMTE - Orlando, NAPDS - Atlanta, AERA - Chicago, PMENA - East Lansing

Finished Classes...does this mean I'll never take another class?  Ever?  I think so, but you never know!


Teaching

Professor:  I taught two classes in 2015 - a literacy class and a math class and I loved them both!

Classroom Teacher:  I returned to my former school and am teaching fifth grade with three of the most awesome people you'll ever meet.  While it has certainly been challenging to be part-time for a few months, I love my kids.  SO much.  Like so much that I miss them when I'm not there.  I had really missed teaching when I was a full-time doctoral student, and so it has been awesome.

Shows/Concerts
We were fortunate to attend a number of really great performances in 2015!

Conclusion?  A busy and mostly happy year!

Wishing you each an amazing 2016!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment