Friday, August 13, 2021

Passing Grade

When your car is almost 14 years old and has almost 240,000 miles on it, you cross your fingers when you drop it off for the yearly state inspection.

On a cosmetic level, there are lots of scrapes and scratches and dents. I’ve never been vain about any car I’ve owned, and that remains true to this day.

Inside the car, the stereo works when it feels like it; likewise for the automatic windows. The automatic locks and keyless entry no longer work at all. Are these things inconvenient? Yes! Sometimes!

But as far as the components that actually matter go, it’s in very good shape! I was so relieved to learn that not only did it pass the state inspection, no additional work was needed!

I’m very emotionally attached to my car and I dread the day I’ll have to replace it, but I think we’ve still got a lot of adventures to be had before that happens!


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment