Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Three Years

Today marks three years since the worst day of my life. Three years since we lost our Maddy.

I've written about grief on many occasions, and with each loss I've gone through, my grief rocked my world. Maddy's death, however, has affected me in ways that are unlike anything else I've experienced in my life and losing her changed me in ways I could never have anticipated.

However, I know it hurts because I loved her so deeply. She was living, breathing sunshine, and her absence continues to be felt acutely in both big and small moments.

C gave me a bracelet this evening with a quote from WandaVision that sums up my thoughts beautifully:


we miss our girl

Love your herd and never take them for granted.

Happy Tails to you...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment