Tuesday, August 3, 2021

You Do You

I saw this quote somewhere a few months ago and it stuck with me because it sums up how I feel pretty nicely. I don't know who to credit for it, but it's such a great sentiment!


Sometimes I worry that this blog will be perceived as "braggy" when I post about traveling, but my intention is never to share in a boastful manner. This blog serves two main purposes: 1) to capture our experiences in the same manner as a journal that we can revisit and refer back to; and 2) to keep family and friends who are far away informed about what's going on in our lives. As far as any travel posts go, I hope there's a third purpose, and that is to inspire people to get out there and see things! One of my favorite things about IG is following travel accounts and learning about cool places to visit, and I love thinking that this blog could do the same thing for someone else! My favorite messages are the ones where people tell me they read something on my blog and they tried something or went somewhere because of it!

Travel makes me happy. Checking off items from crazy lists brings me joy. Sitting in a car for a month drive around the country is my idea of fun. I get that not everyone considers that a good time! Guess what? That's absolutely ok! I'm a big believer in the idea of "you do you" because I am all about chasing happiness in my own life and I want others to do the same! 

Everyone defines "success" differently, but whatever it means to you, I'm rooting for you!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment