Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Slow Progress

When I left school yesterday, I had emptied my office of junk, trash, outdated materials, and just about anything I knew I wouldn't need or use because there is not a lot of space. I had arranged the furniture as best as I could and was feeling pretty good about the progress I'd made.

I don't have a closet or any cabinets or counters in my office, which means I don't have places to put things! Thankfully, I found two solutions to this storage issue:

1) My beloved Alba, who is one of our amazing custodians, found two filing cabinets and brought them upstairs for me.

2) I found a coat rack at IKEA, which C built and then brought to school for me.

so happy to have filing cabinets

no closet - no problem

it fits perfectly along this weird angled wall

Then I walked in to see this today:

sigh...


I don't like to complain, but I'll admit I was annoyed. I understand that the building is undergoing renovation, but I thought they were done with my room for the time being. I'd already waited until this week to bring stuff from home because my ceiling tiles were all over and I had no electricity in there for HVAC work last week!

After that initial response of annoyance, I realized that I'm not annoyed about the construction.

I'm just feeling very discombobulated because my stuff is all packed up, my office is so not ready, and there are only a few days before the first day of school for students! I know I'm not the only one - other teachers have been displaced and they've also got stuff in boxes, too...it's just a weird start to the year! For so many reasons!

I'm hoping that ladder isn't in my office too much longer, but if it is, I've got a great excuse to be in classrooms next week!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment