Saturday, August 7, 2021

Trip vs. Vacation

We've spent the day planning and booking travel for the next year or so. Some are trips and some are vacations. While these two words might be used interchangeably by others, they are not the same in my opinion. A trip involves doing stuff, seeing things, and being on the go; our summer driving adventure was a trip. A vacation, on the other hand, is all about relaxation; spending spring break in Hawaii was a vacation.

I do tend to say "trip" as an umbrella term, but when I think about it, a trip and a vacation are two very different things! I guess it sort of seems weird to say, "On our recent vacation, we ..." rather than "On our recent trip, we ..." when telling a story? Maybe that's just me!

Either way, I'm happy to go. Wherever! Whenever! We've got some big plans and I'm excited!


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment