Monday, August 23, 2021

What a day...

The first day of the school year is done...and it was a long one!

The morning went relatively smoothly and it really was great to see all of the kids again! One of the things I love about Kiss and Ride duty is getting to know kids outside of the classroom; the little chats I get to have with them are so entertaining!

Dismissal was a different story. Very chaotic! The last bus didn't arrive until 5:40! Dismissal starts at 3:45! The first day always comes with its challenges, but yikes! It was also so incredibly hot, and I was outside in the sun for almost an hour at Kiss and Ride...if you know me, you know I despise the heat!

The kids were such troopers, and several teachers stayed super late to hang out with them. I really do have some great colleagues and I was so grateful for the families' patience over those crazy couple of hours! It means a lot that they understand the our school staff was doing the best it could to get everyone home safely!

When I got home, I was so happy to hug Ginny...she really does make everything better! C also continued his tradition of sending me flowers on the first day of school and not only are they beautiful, but they make my office smell amazing! He's the best!



Tomorrow's dismissal has to be better, right?

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment