Sunday, June 27, 2021

28 Years Ago...

...two kids decided to get married! Today is our engage-aversary!

There was no over-the-top planned proposal, no photos, no fanfare of any kind. Just the two of us, discussing the future, and deciding we were all in.

All these years later, it is still very on-brand: just the two of us planning a grand adventure together.

C gave me two gifts today, although he would say there was only one gift.

People who know me are well aware that "Up" is my favorite movie. I had wanted a particular bag several months ago when it was released, but it sold out before I could buy it. Guess what I opened today:


I was thrilled and surprised and this bag is what C would say was the gift.

However, later on, he gave me something else. A list of where the state signs are located on our upcoming trip.

Alaska is unknown at this point because
just like Hawaii a few months ago,
we are flying in, not driving!


We were discussing travel plans and it was not related in any way to the anniversary of our engagement, but when I saw it, I was so overwhelmed with love for this man. In addition to planning almost every aspect of this trip, he took the time to research where state signs are located so we can take photos with our number cards.

Therein lies the second gift...the time he devoted to this undertaking. Countless hours spent reading travel sites and scouring google earth images. The reason he wouldn't consider this a gift is because this is simply one example of what he just does; it's no big deal to him and yet it is a profound gesture to me.

If you ask me which gift I like more, I'll tell you it's that list.

I don't know what I've ever done to be worthy of him, but that decision 28 years ago to get married was the smartest thing I've ever done.

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment