Thursday, June 3, 2021

Once in a Lifetime People

I saw this quote earlier and had to share it.



I thank my lucky stars for my once in a lifetime people because I wouldn't be able to do life without them.

They encourage me when I want to give up.
They make me laugh when I'm stressed.
They let me vent and validate my feelings.
They accept my quirks and my shortcomings.
They celebrate my victories.
They ease my defeats.
They share in both my joy and my grief. 
They love me when I feel most unlovable.

Their presence reminds of the good that is in the world.

Tribe, herd, squad, inner circle, flock, posse, crew...whatever the title, whether we are technically related or not, they are my chosen family.

I've been feeling pretty emotional lately as this <insert adjective of choice here> school year is drawing to a close and this quote filled my heart with gratitude for the people who have helped me survive it. They are proof that when everything seems to be going wrong, having the right people beside you makes all the difference.

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment