Saturday, June 19, 2021

Summer Disney Adventure: Day 2

Today was a great day! One thing I'm noticing is that when I'm with C, I take tons of pictures, but since my current priority is helping my mom, I'm hardly taking any!

We slept in this morning and then leisurely made our way to Disney's Hollywood Studios via the SkyLiner. I've got to say I'm so impressed with how much easier it was to get a wheelchair on and off the gondolas than it is with the buses. I wish every park could be accessed by the SkyLiner!


At DHS, we had lunch at PizzeRizzo before going over to Galaxy's Edge. It was my first time there - my mom had been last March with B1 and S1 right before everything shut down due to the pandemic - and it is a cool area. I had to try the blue milk and the green milk (I really liked them both!) and then wander around to take it all in. We then went over to Toy Story Land so I could take some pictures, and then we just enjoyed the park for the remainder of the afternoon. A laid back day, which is exactly how the two of us like to "do" the parks.







my favorite thing to eat at WDW!


We took the SkyLiner back to AoA around dinner time because the heat and humidity really takes a toll on my mom, so we relaxed in our room for a while and then decided to DoorDash a late dinner.




The highlight of the day happened when I was taking pictures in Toy Story Land. I had taken a pic of my Slinky Dog Dash ears at the Slinky Dog Dash ride, and then I wanted a pic with my Slinky Loungefly bag. I balanced the bag on the railing and got this shot:

Pretty perfect, right?



Well, as I was taking multiple pictures to catch the ride vehicle at the right spot, I also got this shot:

My Slinky bag fell over the railing
and down into the bushes!

way down there!

yikes!


I had to go find a cast member, who directed me to a supervisor, who said, "Well this is a new one!" and laughed when I showed her the pic of the bag falling over the railing. She assured me she would bring a cast member over with a "grabber" device, and they ended up bringing an extra long grabber so the cast member could reach far enough down to rescue my bag!





I was grateful to have the bag back and also to provide a ridiculous guest story for them. I immediately texted the pics to C, because he so often humors me as I take photos and I knew he would appreciate the absurdity of it all. LOL!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment