Monday, June 21, 2021

Summer Disney Adventure: Day 4

My mom and I had a wonderful day together at Magic Kingdom!



We slept in this morning, then took the bus from AoA and there are two things to comment on here.1) The bus drivers have been so fantastic as we've gotten the wheelchair on and off the buses - so patient and helpful - I really cannot day enough good things about these cast members! and 2) MK was the busiest I have personally seen it it in a very long time - probably in at least five years - which made for slow-going with the wheelchair as I had to navigate through some dense crowds.

When we arrived. we went straight to Pecos Bill for an early lunch and then got Dole Whip floats. Given the wait times, we knew we wouldn't be doing too much in terms of attractions, but we enjoyed wandering around and snacking throughout the afternoon!



















We came back to the resort around dinner time and made a quick stop at the food court for a drink. Unfortunately, the skies opened up while we were in there, and there was a torrential downpour. Not a huge deal, and certainly nothing new for a summer day here, but the batteries for my mom's oxygen machine were low and we couldn't really afford to just sit there and wait out the rain. In a very uncharacteristic move, I ran - and I do mean ran - from the main building to our room, in my flip flops, pushing the wheelchair, while my mom huddled over her machine to protect it from the rain. We probably looked kind of crazy and I didn't know I had it in me. We arrived at our room absolutely drenched. LOL!






We both slept through the evening, and are now, at almost 11:00pm, waiting for our Door Dash order for dinner!

adorable!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment