Wednesday, July 28, 2021

30 in 30: Day 27

I got several messages after yesterday’s post about how many miles we drove. Let me explain that there was a reason for such craziness!

I had a professional development zoom call scheduled for this morning at 9:00 am eastern, which meant 8:00 am central. In order for me to be able to participate, we had to drive extra yesterday to compensate for the call delaying our departure today. As you might imagine, a trip of this magnitude requires a certain degree of exactitude in order to get to where we need to be each day!

Instead of stopping in Amarillo for the night, we drove about four extra hours to Norman, OK. This way, I’d be able to do the call and we’d only have a quick drive to Oklahoma City, where we had things to see today.

We both got up at 7:00 am after an incredibly exhausting day to get ready and pack up our things so we’d be able to hit the road as soon as the call was over. C even went down to sit in the hotel lobby so I’d have the room to myself for the call.

And then…I learned that the call had been rescheduled for an hour later. Because of our plans, I couldn’t hang around and wait for an entire hour when we had to get on the road.

All of that extra driving and planning around the call and getting up super early for nothing!

Daily Stats
Starting Mileage: 42,116
Ending Mileage: 42,444
Miles Traveled: 328
States Visited: OK, TX

Despite a less-than-ideal start to the day, we were able to spend the morning in Oklahoma City. I didn’t really have high hopes for OKC, but I ended up loving it! Knoxville surprised me, Lexington surprised me, and now OKC has surprised me! We talked about how we'll have to come back for a longer visit!

we went to the Oklahoma City
National Memorial and Museum
and it is so amazingly well done








it was such a moving experience











We drove from OKC to Dallas and checked into our hotel around 4:30. This is our third time visiting Dallas, and all I will say is that we cannot wait to leave tomorrow! You know that vibe I've written about before that exists in cities I really like? Well, it's not here. The traffic, the roads, the drivers...sigh. Every time we've been here, we've been thoroughly unimpressed.


109? Gross.

However, we went to the Rangers vs. Diamondbacks game this evening, so that made the aggravation of the rest of the city tolerable!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment