Monday, July 5, 2021

30 in 30: Day 4

There was only one thing I was focused on today: getting to Missouri!

Day 4 Stats
Starting Mileage: 35,456
Ending Mileage: 36,138
Miles Traveled: 682
States Visited: ND, SD, IA, NE, MO

I was so excited because we are spending the night in Marceline! This is where Walt Disney grew up after being born in Chicago!

It is a very small, sleepy town and instead of a hotel, we're staying in an AirBnB. It's an apartment above the Uptown Theater, where Walt and his brother Roy held a premiere of their film "The Great Locomotive Chase." So cool! It's an old historic building that contains several apartments; we are staying in the Walt Disney Suite. It's cute and cozy with Walt Disney touches and it's located on Main Street, USA. Yep! This little town is what Walt based Main Street, USA in Disneyland on!






































The town has several noteworthy locations and I spent a lot of time crying while we explored as I thought about Walt Disney being in these very places.




Patrons have purchased personalized bricks;
the messages on them were so sweet!


LOOK WHOSE BRICK I SPOTTED!
PETE DOCTER!


I would like to work here!




soil from the Magic Kingdom
water from the Rivers of America













The signatures and messages were unbelievable!

I don't know how some people got up there!

It was an incredible thing to see!
(I tried to capture a little bit of it
in the video below!)


I didn't have a sharpie on me,
but I did carve this with a pen!



Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment