Saturday, July 10, 2021

30 in 30: Day 9

Yellowstone National Park is such a unique and amazing place. It certainly isn't the most beautiful national park in my opinion, but it's such a fascinating park to study and explore! When I was in college, I was obsessed with volcanoes and so for me, YNP is a location like no other!



Day 9 Stats
Starting Mileage: 38,004
Ending Mileage: 38,233
Miles Traveled:229
States Visited: MT, WY

It was a hazy day, which means I didn't get a lot of pictures, and the park was insanely busy. I'm so glad people are visiting National Parks, but my word! Traffic jams, crowded paths, long lines...it was a lot! We came back to the hotel for a break during the afternoon and then went back to the park this evening. There were still more people than I would have liked, but the crowds had definitely thinned, which was good! We saw lots of animals - deer, bison, elk, sheep, goats, birds, squirrels, chipmunks - but we didn't see either of the animals I had really hoped to see - bears and moose! We did see bears the last time we were here in 2004, but no such luck this trip. As for moose, I knew it would be a long shot!



























We're back on the road tomorrow morning to continue on with our adventure!

Happy Tails to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment