Monday, July 19, 2021

50 States in 2021: 33

My favorite place on earth is in Oregon, so I'm super excited we've made it to state #33!

The route we took did not offer a traditional welcome sign. As we crossed over the Columbia River on the Lewis and Clark Bridge, there was a small sign on the bridge itself that read "Entering Oregon," but I had zero chance of getting a pic of it with my number card.

Luckily, when we came to the end of the bridge, we spotted the "Welcome to Oregon" sign pictured below, which was great. Its location, however, was not great. It was in the center of a grassy knoll, in the middle of a highway on/off ramp clover leaf. C had to stop in a dangerous spot while I hopped out, ran up to the sign, and got back to the car as quickly as possible, all while huge 18-wheelers were getting on and off the highway.

Here's hoping there won't be any other signs in similar spots as we continue our quest!


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment