Sunday, April 26, 2020

Quarantine: Week 6

It's been a good week! Some things remained the same – lots of zoom meetings, lots of Ginny time – and there were a few new things to keep the week interesting!

Of course, the most important photos of the week are of Ginny:

Take Your Child to Work Day

my new Mushu shirt

she did not budge for three hours
during my office hours

while I was grading, C brought me a snack
of cheese and crackers, and brought
Ginny her own little bowl of cheese


We finished that map puzzle we started last weekend and also completed a second puzzle…what we've learned about ourselves is that we become slightly obsessed and do little else once we've started a puzzle. It's not something we would have predicted! We're not people who have binge-watched any series during this quarantine, we haven't had any movie marathons, or done anything else where we've been focused on just one thing. But apparently puzzles are our downfall. A free moment in between meetings or calls? Let's work on the puzzle! It's late and we should really go to bed? Let's work on the puzzle! Waiting for the coffee to brew in the morning? Let's work on the puzzle! Thankfully, we've recognized this about ourselves and have yet to start on a third puzzle…although my sister loaned us several, so I'm sure we'll be back at it sometime this week.

puzzle #1 completed

puzzle #2

puzzle #2 completed

EXACTLY


Walt Disney World streamed a recording of its Happily Ever After fireworks show, so that was fun to watch, and I finally got around to watching the Disney Singalong show from a week-and-a-half ago, which I was not impressed with. I feel like people think I only say positive things about Disney, and for the most part, I do, but that singalong was not good! The "How Far I'll Go" performance by Auli'i Cravalho, the performance of "Friend Like Me"Broadway cast of Aladdin, and the "Gaston" performance by Luke Evans/Josh Gad/Alan Menken were outstanding, but the rest of it? No thank you. I was so excited to watch Donny Osmond singing "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan, and then that turned out to be a train wreck. Please stay true to the source material, Disney! I don't want to watch people sing off key!

I love this fireworks show and
I'm missing WDW terribly!


My favorite singer of all time did a live stream concert yesterday, and it was awesome! Definitely a highlight of my week! We've been fortunate to see him many times live in concert (several times with BNL and three times during his solo career) and he never, ever, ever disappoints!

I adore Steven Page!


We had some landscaping done in our yard this weekend. Last summer, we cut down a tree in our front yard that had died (well, C cut it down while I watched), and we hadn't dealt with the stump until now. The landscapers put a chain around it and pulled it out using their truck, which was pretty cool to see! I'm so happy with how things look now!






just need to replace that one shutter
that blew off during a storm!


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment