Friday, August 7, 2020

A Great Pair

You know those moments in life where your heart just melts? I experienced one of those moments yesterday. I had been upstairs putting some laundry away and on my way back downstairs, I looked over the railing and saw my mom and Ginny sitting together, looking out the front door.

These past five months have not been easy on my mom. This pandemic has really forced her to stay home because she can't take any chances of contracting the virus. Being home is certainly manageable, but she can't even sit outside because the atrocious humidity in the summer here makes it very difficult for her to breathe. So she is really stuck inside. I cannot wait to autumn weather to get here because then she'll at least be able to go outside and enjoy some fresh air.

Seeing the two of them sitting together so peacefully reminded me how lucky I am to have them and how lucky they are to have each other.

Ginny has grown irrationally attached to me since school closed on March 13. Losing Riley on March 17 had a profound impact on Ginny, and ever since, she doesn't like to let me out of her sight. She spent the final thirteen weeks of the school year sleeping up on the dining room table beside me day after day, and throughout the summer, she has rarely been more than two feet from me at any given time. When we went away for a few days in July, my mom told us she spent a lot of time just staring at the door. Heartwrenching!

I've been worried about having to return to work because she's been sooooo clingy, but it's nice to know that despite her dramatics, she's quite happy to while away the hours in my mom's arms. They make a great pair!



Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment