Monday, August 17, 2020

Birdseed Mystery Solved


Remember last week when one of our birdfeeders came down and I was "pretty sure it couldn't have been squirrels?"

Oh, the arrogance.



Today I was in the dining room when there was a commotion outside and then suddenly a squirrel was sitting in the stationary birdfeeder attached to the window. I grabbed my phone and got a few pictures before the squirrel caught sight of me and jumped down. I decided to record a video in case the squirrel returned, and captured both a failed and a successful attempt to get back up there! There is no bench or chair under this window; the squirrel just used the siding and its incredible jumping skills!

I was so excited to get those two videos that I turned off my phone, so what I didn't capture was the third climb, when the squirrel made it up, but pulled out the tray, so both the squirrel and the tray of birdseed went tumbling and now there's another big mess on the deck.


Failed Attempt


Successful Attempt


Today's lesson: Don't underestimate squirrels!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment