Monday, August 3, 2020

Sunday of Summer

I know there are a lot of dogs who are scared during storms, but Ginny is not one of those dogs. We had some nasty weather earlier today and as you can see, she is not bothered at all, which makes no sense because she is afraid of almost everything! Strangers, other animals, being out in public...all terrifying. If we're outside and a leaf flutters to the ground near her, she will jump and skedaddle back to the door as quickly as possible. But thunderstorms? No reaction. Same for fireworks. The only explanation I can come up with is that she feels so safe inside the house that things happening outside don't concern her? I'm not complaining though; some of our other dogs would shake uncontrollably during storms and it was awful, so the fact she sleeps right through a storm is great!




We dropped my car off for a state inspection today, and I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a bit nervous about it. While I certainly think it's in great shape, it's almost 13 years old and it has 235,000 miles on it, so there's obviously a chance something might be wrong with it that's not immediately apparent. The good news is that it passed inspection and needed very minimal work! Having a car with so many miles on it also means service/repairs can be costly, but that wasn't the case today! It's nice to know I'll be able to continue driving it for the foreseeable future! These days, I'll take any small victory!

I've got professional development later this week, so I spent some time today organizing all of the stuff I brought home from school back in June. It seems like I JUST packed up my office and carted everything home! How is it that even this year, when life has been on hold for almost five months, summer feels like it has come and gone in the blink of an eye?!?

I saw this the other day and it is absolutely true!



Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment