Tuesday, August 25, 2020

So Much Time Has Passed

I had planned to write about getting my office set up for the new year, but I didn't finish everything today, so I'll have to hold off on that post for now!

However, while I was at school today, I was reminded of how long it had been since I'd spent any significant time in my office. Back in June, when I was there to pack up my stuff, I was struck by the winter gear sitting by the door because I realized that it had still been winter when school closed and there I was, packing things up for summer.

Today was something much more personal. As I was moving furniture back into place, I looked up at my bulletin board, which had not been touched in June because we were told we could leave our bulletin boards up over the summer. On one section of the bulletin board, there were individual photos of Chelsea, Molly, Gunni, Maddy, Duchess, and Sadie, each with a heart sticker. On another section of the bulletin board, there were pictures of Ginny and Riley.

Back on March 13, the last day of school, we still had Riley.
That's how long it's been since school was normal.
An eternity.

I shed some tears as I put a heart sticker on her photo and moved it over to the other section of the board. Then I shed a few more tears for Ginny having lost those seven sisters and now being all alone.

It's funny how I know in my mind exactly how much time has passed, but seeing things like hats and mittens in the summer or a pictures of Riley and Ginny side-by-side make me feel in my heart just how long it's been.



Happy Tails to you…

No comments:

Post a Comment