Sunday, August 9, 2020

There's Always Next Year

Well, THAT was not how I wanted the hockey season to end.

I was hoping to write a blog about the Maple Leafs – their comeback in Game 4, followed by a win tonight, and about how excited I was about the playoffs.

Instead, I'm sitting here feeling annoyed, incredulous, and disappointed because they were eliminated.

I cheer for four teams – Toronto, Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Los Angeles. Two of those teams didn't even make the qualifiers this season, and the two that did lost their respective series. I honestly had high hopes for Toronto and Pittsburgh this year, but now all four of my teams are done.

I have been very lucky in that of the last 12 Stanley Cups, one of my teams has been the victor 6 times. As a fan, I really can't ask for much more!

But words cannot describe how much I want Toronto to win a Cup in my lifetime. They're my home team. Toronto, despite winning two World Series Championships and an NBA Championship in my lifetime, remains a hockey city through and through. Good for the Blue Jays and the Raptors, but the city wants a Stanley Cup.

The Leafs' currently hold the title Longest Stanley Cup Drought! Embarrassing!

There are some teams remaining in the playoffs that I like, so I will be shifting my allegiance to them for the coming weeks. There's also the draft lottery tomorrow, so perhaps one of my four teams will get the number one pick. A girl can dream.

Speaking of dreaming, there's always next year…the enduring slogan of Leafs fans everywhere.

Ginny was also watching the game and
she is equally disappointed


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment